Beyond High School is a collaborative design process that helps schools transform their learning environments and cultures to become high-performing schools that graduate students prepared for college, career and life.
Beyond High School focuses on developing structures, processes and culture that support continuous improvement and school redesign. Pivot Learning’s innovative, equity-centered approach:
• Leverages the research-based principles of Linked Learning for college and career readiness with a focus on integrating academic and work-based learning
• Uses Design Thinking to collaboratively find solutions and implement sustainable change
• Ensures every student’s individual needs are met so they have the opportunity to succeed academically and thrive
• Fully engages the school community, including families, workforce and post-secondary institutions, in the redesign process so that all stakeholders are empowered
• Supports ongoing professional and leadership development for all staff to build capacity at the classroom, school and district levels to grow and sustain healthy cultures that support continuous improvement
Pivot Learning has helped hundreds of districts and schools make transformational changes with the Beyond High School program that ensure that every student obtains a high-quality education.
Beyond High School is driven by the research-based principles of Linked Learning, which integrates rigorous academics aligned with college-ready standards, sequenced career-technical education, work-based learning, and personalized student supports for stronger academic and social-emotional outcomes.
- Linked Learning Alliance Annual Report 16-17
- Linked Learning and Postsecondary Transitions
- Preventing Dropout in Secondary Schools
- The Linked Learning Advantage: 21st Century Skills Development
- Access & Equity in Linked Learning
- Taking Stock of the California Linked Learning District Initiative Y7 (Executive Summary)
Dive deeper into the processes and practices that power Beyond High School. Fill out the form below to access our resources and to contact us to learn more. You’ll find informative presentations and case studies that showcase how schools across the country are transforming their learning environments and cultures to become high-performing schools that graduate students prepared for college, career and life.
I want to know more!