In March and April, Pivot Learning presented at several innovative industry events where we shared insights, practices, and tools with the education community.
Linked Learning Convention 2019
Palm Springs, CA
- Community-Centered School Redesign
Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 11:15am – 12:15pm
A practitioner panel will discuss how Pivot’s community-centered design process helped several communities to begin, grow, and sustain deeper learning experiences for school improvement.
- Using Design Thinking to Develop Community-Centered Linked Learning
Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 1:45 – 3:00pm
Learn from practitioners how Pivot’s change design approach supported them to identify the community roles and resources needed to design and implement effective Linked Learning models.
- Growth Culture: A Transformative Approach for Achieving Your Goals
Thursday, March 21, 2019, 9:45 – 11:00am
Assess your own organization’s growth culture to uncover strengths, needs, and opportunities for equitable Linked Learning programs.
Deeper Learning 2019
San Diego, CA
- Deeper Learning for Grown Ups!
Wednesday, March 27, 11:00am – 12:30pm
Learn from practitioners how to align current organizational processes with community partnerships to design and implement successful college and career pathways.
- Partnering with Our Communities to Design Better Pathways
Wednesday, March 27, 2:00 – 3:30pm
Learn strategies and resources to develop a growth culture at your organization in order to foster deeper learning for both adult leaders and students.
- Creating Deeper Learning Environments for Design Teams
Friday, March 29, 9:00 – 10:30am
Learn how to integrate design thinking, growth culture, and equity into your organization’s culture to develop deeper learning environments for both students and adults.
Small School Districts’ Association 2019 Annual Conference
- Better Together: Small School Network Towards Continuous Improvement
Monday, April 1, 9:45 – 10:40am
In partnership with the El Dorado County Office of Education, Pivot Learning’s Rural Professional Learning Network will speak to their experience with continuous improvement using change design.
Carnegie Foundation Summit on Improvement in Education
San Francisco, CA
- Leading the Change: Using Improvement Strategies to Implement Instructional Materials
- – Tuesday, April 16, 5:30 – 7:00pm
- – Wednesday, April 17, 3:00 – 4:00pm
- – Thursday, April 18, 7:00 – 8:30am
In partnership with the California Department of Education and EdReports, this poster presentation will detail how the California Curriculum Collaborative supports districts in their work to adopt and implement high-quality instructional materials for continuous improvement and improved student achievement.