One of the biggest disruptions of the pandemic is to our public education system and the more than 50 million students in it. Our most vulnerable student populations are especially impacted by school closures, where they are often left without access to equitable instruction.
Districts can take this moment to respond to the needs resulting from learning disruptions and re-envision how their systems support educational equity.
Download Our Free Equity Reset Toolkit
Pivot Learning* and UnboundEd have created a free Equity Reset Toolkit that provides:
- Resources for district teams to complete a nine-week data collection and analysis process focused on equitable learning recovery in K-12 ELA and math.
- Tools to create a data-driven equitable education recovery plan for restructuring or building systems that can be adapted for in-person, remote, or blended learning.
Download this toolkit to create a data-driven equitable education recovery plan for restructuring or building systems to support equitable ELA and math instruction that can be adapted for in-person, remote, or blended learning.
*Pivot Learning refers to both Pivot Learning and our subsidiary, the Consortium on Reaching Excellence in Education (CORE). Learn more about CORE at corelearn.com.
Implementation Timeline — A week-by-week overview of tasks to accomplish as you go through the nine-week data collection and analysis process.
Survey Templates — Stakeholder surveys that you can use as-is or modify to your specific needs, situation, and interests. Surveys are provided for students, parents/guardians, teachers, coaches, school leaders, and district leaders.
Data Systems Collection Sheet — A worksheet to help your team gather data from online learning systems that will supplement the data you collect using the stakeholder surveys.
ELA and Math Learning Assessment Recommendations — An overview of how universal screening, progress monitoring, and diagnostic assessments can be used to identify learning loss and accelerate closing the gaps.
Data Analysis Protocol — Guidance and worksheets for analyzing participation in data collection; making connections across the data collected; and summarizing your key findings.
Support for Your Work Toward Equitable Learning Recovery
Want assistance completing the steps in our Equity Reset Toolkit? Pivot Learning and UnboundEd will work remotely alongside district leadership to facilitate data collection, guide data analysis, and make customized recommendations for an equitable learning recovery plan based on stakeholders’ unique insights.
As part of our services, we will:
- Guide the 2-3 months of equitable learning recovery research and analysis outlined in the Equity Reset Toolkit
- Lead weekly virtual meetings to keep your team on track
- Deliver actionable, customized recommendations for building an equitable learning recovery plan for ELA and math to support student and teacher needs, including: Instruction and intervention materials; Professional learning; Supports for priority students; and District systems
- Provide ongoing professional learning for your district leadership team on equitable instruction and high quality assessments for learning
Because this work is so critical to learning recovery, the cost of these services can be covered by CARES Act learning loss funding. Learn more about partnering with Pivot and UnboundEd in this flyer.