It is critical that there be a clear, aligned vision from literacy advocacy, policy, practitioner, and research communities, in order to guide evidence-based literacy instruction for all California students.
Narrowing Down to Find Common Ground: Shared Agreements for Effective Literacy Instruction in California is a new working paper released by Pivot Learning that reflects collective consensus on key topics concerning (1) literacy and multilingual and English learner students; (2) early screening and assessment; and (3) foundational skills among the following literacy experts:
- Elsa Cárdenas-Hagan, University of Houston
- Lori DePole, Decoding Dyslexia CA
- Maya Goodall, Lexia English
- Martha Hernandez, Californians Together
- Young-Suk Kim, University of California, Irvine
- Magaly Lavadenz, Center for Equity for English Learners (CEEL) – Loyola Marymount University
- Martha I. Martinez, Sobrato Early Academic Language (SEAL)
- Gisela O’Brien, Center for Equity for English Learners (CEEL) – Loyola Marymount University
- Laurie Olsen, Sobrato Early Academic Language (SEAL) and Californians Together
- Megan Potente, Decoding Dyslexia CA
- Pamela Spycher, WestEd
- Becky Sullivan, Sacramento County Office of Education
- Kareem Weaver, Full and Complete Reading is a Universal Mandate (FULCRUM)
- Maryanne Wolf, University of California, Los Angeles
Explore Our Latest Work
Collaborative learning is a learner-centered instructional model that involves a group of students....
Narrowing Down to Find Common Ground: Shared Agreements for Effective Literacy Instruction in California
It is critical that there be a clear, aligned vision from....
Meeting the Moment: Lessons on Instructional Materials for Multilingual Learners in California Middle Grades
Meeting the Moment explores how educators taught multilingual learners during....
What does it take for discouraged and disengaged students in fifth through twelfth grades....
It’s time to dispel the myths and surface the reality that the science....
Pivot Learning Launches District Readiness Index: The First Tool to Connect Organizational Health to Student Results
New online tool identifies the organizational factors that can make or break a district’s....