On-Demand Webinar: Structured Literacy Instruction for English Learners
On-Demand Webinar: Casualties of War: Reading Science Denial and Racism’s Impact on African American Children
Presented by Kareem Weaver, Member of the NAACP Oakland Branch’s Education Committee
Check out CORE’s new 3rd edition of the popular Teaching Reading Sourcebook, with content updates and a brand new chapter on MTSS. Assessing Reading: Multiple Measures, 2nd Edition has also been revised with new, clearer test instructions and an easy-to-use format.
CORE is excited to be a reseller of the digiCOACH Advanced Teacher Coaching Platform. They will be integrating digiCOACH into their work with districts and schools to strengthen instructional practice and improve outcomes for all students. Learn more about digiCOACH.
You can learn more about CORE’s approach to professional learning, and gain insights and evidence-based strategies, in their most recent newsletter. Also consider participating in CORE’s Online Elementary Reading Academy, a facilitated online, asynchronous course. The course teaches educators the essential components of reading instruction with clear and explicit models immediately applicable to the classroom.
Check out these on-demand webinars, that you can view at your convenience:
- Techniques to Tackle Math Word Problems, presented by Dean Ballard, Director of Mathematics, CORE
- Assessment for Reading Difficulties and Dyslexia, presented by Dr. Michelle Hosp, Associate Professor of Special Education at the University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Assessment and Intervention in Light of Understanding the Nature of Reading Difficulties, presented by Dr. David Kilpatrick, author of Essentials of Assessing, Preventing, and Overcoming Reading Difficulties
- The Challenges of Language and Reading for Low Income African American Children Who Speak Dialect, presented by Dr. Julie A. Washington from Georgia State University
- Five Favorite Strategies for Making Sense of Fractions, presented by Dean Ballard, CORE’s Director of Mathematics
- Why Phonemic Proficiency is Necessary for All Students, presented by Dr. David Kilpatrick, author of Essentials of Assessing, Preventing, and Overcoming Reading Difficulties
- 4 Must Do’s for Math Instruction, presented by Dean Ballard, CORE’s Director of Mathematics
CORE is a subsidiary of Pivot Learning.