At Pivot, we look for talented and inspiring colleagues who believe in public education and the imperative to support schools to innovate and improve. We are currently seeking a Manager, Talent & Culture to join the Pivot team. This position will be responsible for supporting human resources (HR) work across Pivot and CORE, including work focused on culture, talent acquisition, talent development, systems building, and HR administration.
Primary areas of focus will initially include:
- Leading initiatives focused on culture-building, with an emphasis on diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives; culture-building in a remote organization; and systems improvements.
- Talent acquisition to support Pivot and CORE’s current growth phase. May include candidate sourcing, candidate management/tracking, candidate selection, and new hire onboarding; diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging is central to all Pivot/CORE talent acquisition efforts.
- Systems building and process improvement, including systems supporting talent acquisition, talent development, performance management, and HR administration.
This is a full-time, Exempt position, reporting to the Chief Talent & Culture Officer. Candidates for this position can be based anywhere in the US (west coast preferred). Pivot is headquartered in Oakland, CA, and we anticipate Bay Area staff returning to an in-office setting at a future date. All staff are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Some travel will be required for this role, mostly to the Bay Area for team-wide events.
Work in partnership with Chief Talent & Culture Officer to manage the day-to-day operations of Pivot’s HR and talent function, including the following priority areas:
- Culture & DEI: Help foster and sustain a high-performance remote culture that supports every employee to perform their best and continually grow, and strongly values diversity, equity, and inclusion through strategic analysis and well-implemented initiatives. Play a leadership role in helping define Pivot/CORE organizational culture goals and designing/implementing structures and supports to align with those goals. This includes a significant focus on executing on DEI-focused priorities.
- Talent Acquisition: Help drive and accelerate Pivot’s recruiting work through candidate sourcing, managing applicant pools, assessing candidates, supporting hiring managers in candidate selection and new hire onboarding. Collaborate with team to evolve Pivot’s talent acquisition systems, with particular emphases on building out scalable and consistent processes, and ensuring best practices in diverse and equitable hiring.
- Systems Building: On an ongoing basis, analyze and evaluate Pivot’s HR systems and processes (e.g., talent acquisition, talent development, performance management, employment policies) with an ongoing process-improvement lens. Manage build-out of enhanced systems, processes, and supports, especially as Pivot enters a period of accelerated growth.
- HR Administration: Support various aspects of HR administrative functions, which may include a role with benefits administration, policy development/documentation, and legal compliance.
- Other duties as assigned: Includes partnering with leadership across the organization to develop and manage special initiatives aligned with org-wide needs and priorities.
Compensation and Benefits
Pivot Learning offers a competitive compensation package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, 403b contribution, vacation leave, sick leave, and 15 paid holidays.
In your cover letter, please comment on how your skills and experience align with this position, and how you heard about this opportunity.
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we welcome applications from persons of every race, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, culture, ancestry, religion, national orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and for whom English is not their first language.