About the Position
We are currently seeking a Program Manager, Curriculum to join the Pivot team. This position will be responsible for managing projects in Pivot’s Curriculum portfolio of work that supports school districts’ adoption and implementation of high‐quality instructional materials in service of equitable student outcomes.
Specifically, this Program Manager position will be responsible for the following projects:
- CalCurriculum – In partnership with EdReports and the California Department of Education, manage a set of projects working with local education agencies to adopt high‐quality instructional materials. This effort includes working in partnership with Pivot’s research/evaluation team to analyze key elements of these efforts as part of Pivot’s internal evaluation.
- Curriculum Matters – In partnership with a handful of California policy and advocacy organizations, manage a shared learning experience for a cohort of equity‐focused California nonprofits to inform advocacy efforts regarding improving the adoption of high‐quality materials.
Successful candidates in this role will have a history of excelling at:
- Centering work in the K‐12 public education space on equitable outcomes for students most underserved by
our educational system;
- Working in and/or with K–12 public educational instructional systems that adopt and implement core English Language Arts (ELA) and Math curricula in service of equitable student outcomes;
- Management of complex, multi‐year, and multi‐partner projects; and
- Development and delivery of large and small group facilitation and presentation.
This is a full‐time, Exempt position, reporting to a Vice President, Education Programs, with a “dotted line” reporting relationship to Pivot’s Chief Growth Officer for projects involving research and evaluation. Pivot is headquartered in Oakland, CA, however all staff are currently working remotely due to the COVID‐19 pandemic. We anticipate returning to an in‐office setting once it is safe to do so. California‐based candidates are preferred due to the California‐based focus of this role, however all geographies will be considered. Candidates based outside of California will be required to travel to the state regularly (once travel is considered safe), for client engagements and Pivot team meetings.